Saturday 3 August 2013

It Wasn't Planned Part 2: Beauty

And here are my recent beauty purchases and finds.

Group Shot!


Smoothing Spay on Serum and A Nourishing Heat Defence Spray, Garnier. 2 for £4, Superdrug.

The Verdict: These are amazing products and smell great, I would definitely buy them again and so good for the money.


Barry M Gelly Nail Paints, in Watermelon, Papaya and Blueberry. (Love the fruity names!)



The Verdict: I have been meaning to try these for ages and the other day whilst on a massive spree in Superdrug (where they had an amazing sale by the way), and so it was 3 for 2 and just under £8 for the three. Which is great when you think it's normally £4 for each of these babies!

Topshop's Peel Off Nails, £3 (on sale).

The Verdict: Well, I can definitely see why they were on sale. Not that impressed! I usually stick to my Rimmel Polishes. I just find them the best and affordable, two huge pluses. Don't get me wrong I love the colour but it is going to take a couple of coats to get a good coverage.

Collection 2000, £2.50 each from Superdrug.

Close Up really shows off the colours of these three. There were 5 colours overall and I may go back for the other 2, but these colours will compliment me the best.

The Verdict: They are great neutral, smokey colours that blend really well. I would definitely recommend them. They are kind of a rip off of the Maybelline, Urban Decay and Nars Eyeshadow Sticks, but they get the job done well and are a save when you don't have the money to splurge.

Trio of Burnt Copper, Bourjois, £6.99.


The Verdict: I got these to take to Paris with me as I only have one nude quartet pallet. So this is a great add to my collection. I am a girl that likes to make an effort but keep it looking natural and these are excellent for that.

Loreal Paris, Blush Minerals No 030. Tesco, (sale £3).

The Verdict: I needed a new blush after my other had had it. My old one was a Loreal but couldn't find it, so I am guessing they discontinued it (it was a few years ago). But this shade is more pinky than I am used to, which I have found to be a nice change. You just have to be careful not to use too much, which I have done once or twice. Great Product.

Witch, Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer, Superdrug £3.49.

The Verdict: This stuff is great. I've been watching a lot of Vlogs on Youtube the past six months, especially Beauty, and they have inspired me to make more of an effort. I'd always wanted to try a primer but since I get oily/acne proned skin I was scared it would make things worse. But because it has witch hazel in and all that good stuff, it just does a good job and makes my make-up stay on and look good for longer.


Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser, Superdrug £2.83.

The Verdict: As you can see I am all about the cheap and cheerful. I have been using this product for the last four months and I have noticed a massive improvement in my skin. It just looks more vibrant and less dull, which my skin is prone to. Growing up and having acne skin and an oily T-zone I steered clear of moisturisers but I have been using this in the morning and my spot gel at night and this balance has been great for me.

MUA Fixing Mist, £5.


The Verdict: I have been spritzing this on just to set my make-up on hot summer days, and it's definitely been doing the trick.

Costume Necklace, New Look £3.50.

Love that colour gem stone!

Got these from Notre Dame in Paris. Can't remember the price but I prefer the beads on their own without the cross! Just my preference. 

My favourite chewies ever! Wrigley's Extra Bubblemint! Don't stop making these babies Wrigley's.

So that was a long post. Thank you if you made it to the end! I really appreciate it. I like to keep you guys filled in on every aspect of my life, and this is just one small part of it. I have a secret or not so secret passion for all things Beauty and Fashion related and I like writing these kind of posts. But I am thinking next time if I like a product I will just share it with you lot as I go, rather than doing a long post that has took me ages to complete :D

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment