Monday 4 November 2013

#FMM: Food Matters

It's that time of the week again and I decided to make ten minutes to sit down and right a post for FMM. I haven't got long since I have an essay due in next week and I am still in the prepping/drafting stages, but I love answering these questions created by Kenlie and I'll carve out some time later in the week where I read everyone else's posts!

Let's get a cracking lacking...

Food Matters


1. Are you familiar with GMO’s?  Is it an issue that matters to you?  

I've heard about them before, but until this question came up to tell you the truth I had forgotten about them. Not intentionally my brain can just be a bit scatty. I try to eat the best I can on a daily and eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits. But I do know and I re-searched it to remind myself what they were. And even if you eat what you think is a healthy meal, snack, etc there are still hidden things and things unknown to "us" the consumer and so I think they should label everything and let us know what's what. Isn't that our right as the consumer? That way it is then our choice whether we decide to purchase something or not, based on all the information we have.

2.  List a few items that are typically on your grocery list

Bananas are always on my list, followed by milk and some kind of cereal. 

3.  What is your favourite place to shop for produce?

I usually shop around and go to my local supermarkets, trying to price up before hand who's going to be the cheapest on what.

4. Do you eat processed foods?

Yes I do. Everything in moderation is what I believe. 

5.  Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop?

No, to be honest, produce being organic or not really doesn't bother me, and after watching a documentary a few years ago on whether organic is really better on every single thing, it just really reaffirmed things for me. Although I prefer my eggs to be free ranged!

6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? 

I had some Wheaties with almond flakes and milk, with a banana and cup of tea of course. But my stomach really wasn't feeling food this morning!

7.  How many meals per week do you cook at home? 

I cook nearly all my meals with my best friend. We are students and so batch cooking is the easiest and cheapest method for our meals!

8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled?

Definitely, that way we can all make a choice based around all the answers not some of them.

9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant?

I usually just go with what I am fancying. I have no allergies that I know of and I am not on any special diet so I just eat wherever (within reason of course).

10.  What is your favourite meal to cook at home?

Something hearty like a Chilli or a Curry or a Spag Bol.

Thanks to Kenlie for hosting as always :-D

And...

xoThanks for Readingxo

No comments:

Post a Comment